Rons Rants

A Blog Is A Self-Inflicted Invasion Of Privacy

Name:
Location: Newland, North Carolina, United States

I'm a fifty two year old happily married man who doesn't really like many people which is why I live on the top of a mountain.

Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Hi Ya’ll

Sorry I’ve been so long between posts but, life has gotten in the way again.

It truly amazes me how many people keep ‘checking in’ on me and my pitiful little blog. I’m humbled.

The fact of the matter is that I’ve been having some semi-serious health problems and haven’t felt much like blogging OR messing around on the computer at all.

The fantastic news is that Michelle is doing REALLY well. As a matter of fact, we just visited with her Oncologist (cancer doctor) today and he was very happy at how she’s doing. He actually said that ‘things couldn’t be going better with her treatments’. He said that she doesn’t need to see him or continue her chemo for the next three months!

Thank God for that!

Michelle has been working in her garden, growing vegetables, flowers, grapes, tomatoes and a million other things. On top of that…she’s decided to become a golfer!

She’s become infatuated with the game so we bought her a set of clubs, a hitting mat and a net for her to practice in the front yard. She LOVES it! I’m doing my best to give her lessons and she’s really doing quite well. She can’t hit the ball very far but she is hitting it straight….which is half the battle.

Our front yard is like a 150 yard uphill par three and she’s no longer content to hit into the net…she wants to hit the ball HARD! She has NO patience with hitting into the net but the good news is that Molly, our cocker spaniel, is a ball fetching fool so…..she’s helping out quite a bit.

Well….that’s life in our world right now…I pray that ya’ll are doing well and are as happy as we are.

Take care and God Bless you all.

Ron

8 Comments:

Blogger rockync said...

I hope your health problems are resolving. I'm not worried about Michelle at all; she generates such great aura, I'm counting on her to produce enough positive energy to cover you too!
I've never had much interest in golf but I'm glad Michelle is finding it so entertaining. And yes, most of us are checking in one a regular basis, waiting patiently for the saga to continue...

8/06/2008 10:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great to see you posting agin. We are on your team, Ron and Michelle! Good news about her cancer and I know you guys will make the best of life, no matter what else is thrown at you.

8/06/2008 10:58 PM  
Blogger Assrot said...

Glad to hear your wife is doing better. Hope you feel better soon. Give that Cocker a pat on the noggin for me.

I used to have one. He passed on after almost 14 years. I still miss him now and then even though he's been gone over a decade.

Don't tell the wife what GOLF stands for.

:-)

Joe

8/07/2008 7:24 PM  
Blogger Jean said...

Feel better soon, darlin'.
Wonderful news about your little dynamo, Michelle!

8/07/2008 10:44 PM  
Blogger AspergantuS said...

Keep fighting... just don't stop living.

8/08/2008 9:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You don't know me -- I'm one of the faceless ones out on the net that finds you interesting and checks your blog from time to time. I wish the best for your recovering health and that of your lady wife, Michelle. Oh yes, and for your loving little spaniel that likes to help,

8/09/2008 4:35 PM  
Blogger Cappy said...

Glad to hear she's doing better, and hope she continues to get better. She probably took up golf to get back at you for cutting down her grapevines a few posting ago.

8/10/2008 11:09 AM  
Blogger Kat said...

So good to hear from you...been worried about y'all. (hugs) Glad all is well!

9/01/2008 10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home