Rons Rants

A Blog Is A Self-Inflicted Invasion Of Privacy

Name:
Location: Newland, North Carolina, United States

I'm a fifty two year old happily married man who doesn't really like many people which is why I live on the top of a mountain.

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Thanks To All Of You

First let me thank all of you have stopped by and left such kind words. My friend Jean directed quite a few of you here and for that as well as her kindness, I thank her too.

All of your prayers are much appreciated.

Michelle is really doing well so far after her latest chemo treatment. Other than a couple of 'blah' down days, she's back to her normal, effervescent self and back to worrying the hell out of me!

The other day, she backed the Suburban into a telephone pole at the grocery store. She has a tough time looking backward in the car due to her neck pain which is due the multiple tumors in her spine but luckily, she didn't hurt herself in the smash up. She cried about the damage to the car but I told her not to worry about it. Hell, that's what insurance is for right?

This weekend, my little Lumber Jill took the bad assed Weed Eater up into the woods behind and above the house and once again began clearing out brush and small trees with a metal blade. She's been doing so for the past month because she wants to be able to see the deer, foxes and bears better from our kitchen window. Anyway....apparently, a limb knocked her glasses off and she's spent the past couple of days combing the underbrush trying to find them! I helped for a while but told her it's useless but of course, she's stubbornly still searching! As we speak, she and my sister in law are up there.....still searching.

She cried again...this time about the glasses!

She's amazing! Never once has she shed a tear over the cancer but a fender bender and a lost pair of glasses and she cries.....go figure.

Sure do love my little woman.

Thanks again for dropping by and I'll be back soon with another of my tale of a misspent youth.

7 Comments:

Blogger Andrea said...

Ron, just came over from Jean's site...not sure what I would find here.

Michelle is an inspiration to us all! Her strength and spirit sound amazing. I love it when I hear of someone grabbing the bull by the horns and wrestling it to the ground! Good for her and God bless her!

Please let her know she's got an army of angels around her lifting her name in prayer.

And she's right, there ain't nothin that God can't fix!

10/09/2007 3:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

F**k the glasses and the car! For faith, fortitude and frantic activity, YOU GO MICHELLE! Still sending you warm, fuzzy thoughts. (And at least one or two for you Ron.) ;)

10/09/2007 6:58 PM  
Blogger Noel said...

Y'all just keep on keepin' on!!

10/09/2007 7:02 PM  
Blogger AspergantuS said...

Ron,
My prayer list is very long, but not so long that I can't add you and your bride to it.

Consider yourselves added.

I always look forward to another tale of someone's misspent youth... especially when it ain't mine!

Mick

10/09/2007 7:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sending prayers up for you and your bride. Life is hard, but God is good.

10/09/2007 10:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your stories Ron and your wife is an inspiration. I have just found out two friends have inoperable cancer. One had his thyroid cancer removed only to discover it appeared in his liver recently. He thought it was terminal but found that they have a seeded radiation treatment that works in one out of four liver cancers treated. His daughters and grandchildren love him so he is going to see if it can be done. My other friend is a good junior high counselor (me I would have killed myself in that job) Her husband a retired police officer friend of mine who loves her very much is going to try chemo on her. I keep them in my prayers. I have a Christian friend I used to go hunting with and his wife is just recovering from a round of chemo but still has the cancer. I think we are the same age and are having similar experiences even though we live across the country from each other. I will e-mail you if you want more information on that liver treatment used at Scripps in San Diego. Your anonymous friend, Al of Alnot

10/15/2007 12:34 AM  
Blogger Rantin' Ron said...

Thank you all VERY much for your words of kindness, faith and support!

Ron

10/16/2007 10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home