Rons Rants

A Blog Is A Self-Inflicted Invasion Of Privacy

Name:
Location: Newland, North Carolina, United States

I'm a fifty two year old happily married man who doesn't really like many people which is why I live on the top of a mountain.

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Death of a BlogFather

Rob Smith passed away recently and is being laid to rest today.

I read his blog everyday for the past year and a half or so after stumbling across him on Instapundit. It's ironic that the only reason I went to his blog was because Instapundit announced that he was dying. Yeah, I suppose that makes me one morbid S.O.B.. I wanted to find out who he was and why someone cared if he lived or died. The internet is full of crazy people and bloggers are a dime a dozen so...why would anyone care about this guy? I found his blog just as he was making the decision to enter rehab and kept track of him since that time.

I began this meager blog quite a while ago and never kept it up due to business matters, having a pace maker installed and just plain laziness but the death of Rob Smith aka Acidman has, for some reason compelled me to start blogging again. The main reason being is that
Rob and I seemed to be sort of kindred spirits. He never gave a fat rat's ass what anyone thought of his opinions and I frankly care less than that.

So...I'm planning on sticking to it this time whether anyone reads or not. Hell, I don't even know how you get people to actually find this freaking thing out of the millions of bloggers out there but, I'm going to do it anyway. If nothing else, it will serve as a diary of what's going on in my life, in my beady little brain and in the world.

So....rest in peace Rob Smith. I hope you're not burning in hell since you were an avowed Atheist but....I fear that's exactly where you are. Damn shame. I'll be writing more about that later.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blog all you want Sir, but you are not....and never will be a "Rob Smith."

6/29/2006 10:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who in the fuck would want to be Rob Smith?
He was a vile son of a bitch, and proof of what happens when apes fuck themselves.

7/04/2006 10:08 PM  
Blogger GalacticallyStupid said...

I actually happen to think Ron is funnier and a better writer than acidman was, and a helluva lot nicer human being.

8/18/2006 1:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home