Rons Rants

A Blog Is A Self-Inflicted Invasion Of Privacy

Name:
Location: Newland, North Carolina, United States

I'm a fifty two year old happily married man who doesn't really like many people which is why I live on the top of a mountain.

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Checkin' In

Okay….I guess the YouTube idea was a bad one. The ever amusing ‘AssRot’ told me so in no uncertain terms so….I guess I’ll forget that option. I still may try and use it to show a video from time to time. In the meantime, I’m going to try and post more often.

Thanks to all my blog friends for being so loyal. Ya’ll really are too cool.

My freakin’ back/leg problem continues unabated and I’m trying to tough it out without leaning on the Oxycontin as much as I was for awhile there. It’s a case of the cure being about as bad as the condition I suppose but damn this thing gets almost unbearable at times. I’ve never been much of a whiner but sometimes!!!! Michelle, bless her heart has GOT to be sick of hearing me moan and groan all the time.

Speaking of Michelle, she’s doing well and is as wonderful as ever. She’s presently over at Mr. Earl’s house. She’s been going over there once a week to care for him. He’s eighty four years old I believe and has bladder cancer. He’s a sweet old guy who really has no one to care for him so…Michelle went to his rescue. Truth is… he’s a horny old dude who just loves to flirt with her.

A couple of weeks ago, Michelle was asked to speak to a group of cancer patients, doctors and nurses at Cannon Hospital. Everyone over there calls her ‘Miracle Michelle’ and they wanted her to give her testimony about how she has handled her experiences. She gave the talk and was very well received by all. She made a bunch of hats for chemo patients and unfortunately, there are enough patients that they called to ask her for more yesterday. They’ve taken to calling them ‘Michelle hats’ now. Honestly….she’s becoming something of a local celebrity for all she does. She’s the ‘go to girl’ at the hospital when they have a new patient who is terrified by the diagnosis of cancer. I can’t tell you how many folks she’s talked to and helped. She really is a little angel.

I know….I’m a proud husband but…she really IS something special.

The owner of our office building informed us yesterday that the building has been sold and that we have to be out (after twelve years) by Feb. 2nd so….I’ve got to get busy finding a new place now so…I’ll be busy for a bit but I fully intend on starting a new story soon.

Promise.

I hope ya’ll are doing well and I’ll be back soon.

Ron

8 Comments:

Blogger Assrot said...

Ron, don't let me squelch your creativity. If you want to YouTube by God you should go for it.

I'm a grouchy old fart that's set in my ways and I've always had trouble with change.

Who knows, maybe this old dog can learn something new too. If you give YouTube a try, let us know.

I'll check it out and give you an honest if slightly curmudgeonly opinion.

Happy Holidays,

Joe

12/11/2008 5:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You could always do a voice podcast. I'd love to hear your tales in a southern drawl and all animated!!

12/12/2008 2:18 PM  
Blogger Joe Rose said...

Thanks for the update and A Merry Christmas to you and the Miracle Michelle. I am so thankful for her progress._Joe

12/13/2008 10:00 PM  
Blogger rockync said...

Ron,
I love how Michelle just gets right in there and goes to work. She is an inspiration to me and I have recently told her story (what you've shared with us) to a relative who has lung cancer. The underlying message being "never give up." But I think there is also a secondary message about living in grace and embracing the opportunities of life.
I really hate that you are so miserable and as a fellow back injury sufferer, I know how unrelentingly annoying it can be. Trying to find a sleeping position where something doesn't either spasm and hurt of just goes numb seems impossible. Oh, how I long for the days when I swung a baby on one hip and a basket of clothes on the other -- wait, that's probably how I ended up in this mess!
Hope you two stay warm up there and enjoy a peaceful Christmas season.
Peace & Love, Rocky

12/15/2008 1:42 AM  
Blogger Jean said...

The warmest Christmas Wishes to you, Michelle and yours!

12/16/2008 5:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to you, Ron, and Miracle Michelle and your family.

I belive that God gives special gifts and talents to those touched by cancer. So many seem to have a courage unmatched by many who are well.

And best wishes, Ron, on your recovery. May the upcoming year be a healthy, happy and properous one.

12/24/2008 3:09 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Well, I haven't been getting around much myself for a quite a few months, but glad to hear you all are still on the mountain and kicking back at the bad stuff. Michelle is an inspiration to me for sure.

Don't let Assrot put you off the Youtube. He's so cranky, he hates everything. The rest of us loves us some youtube. Maybe you could play us a tune? That would be way cool.

Best to you both. Thinking of you, even if I don't show up much.

2/02/2009 3:23 PM  
Blogger Assrot said...

Libby,
While it is true that I am somewhat cranky, I don't "hate" much of anything other than the same thing that everyone hates, i.e. murderers, rapists, child molesters come to mind on the hate list but other than that I don't think I hate much of anything else except maybe fried cabbage and sweet peas that my mom tried to cram down my throat when I was a kid.

If you had bothered to read the above comments you would have seen that the very first one is from me telling Ron to go for it on YouTube.

:-)

Please allow me to go a little off topic here and say that I'm proud to announce the birth of my 6th grandchild. Check out my blog for pictures.

I'm also sad to say I lost one of my best four-legged friends. If you have a moment, please talk to what ever higher power you believe in and ask them to treat his soul kindly.

Joe

2/07/2009 7:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home