Rons Rants

A Blog Is A Self-Inflicted Invasion Of Privacy

Name:
Location: Newland, North Carolina, United States

I'm a fifty two year old happily married man who doesn't really like many people which is why I live on the top of a mountain.

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

All Is Right With The World

Many of the visitors to this blog have emailed and offered prayers for my wife...my life...Michelle.

Because of your concerns and prayers about her struggle against cancer, I felt the need or, the responsibility, to inform ya'll that she is still doing well.

Today's visit to her Oncologist was GREAT!! All tests and indications are that, while she is not in remission (which means there is NO sign of cancer) all the tests show that there is no progression of the lesions or tumors!!!

I wish you all could know this darlin' little woman.

Courageous doesn't begin to describe her.

She is the most wonderful woman God ever created. When she was first diagnosed with stage IV metastatic breast cancer, the doctors told us that she would be dead in 2 1/2 years but....she's still going strong five years later!!!

She has over two dozen tumors all over her body. Liver, spine, pelvis, shoulder, upper arm and even one in her left thigh bone which required two surgery's to implant titanium shafts into the bone so she could walk without snapping the bone but today, she came home from the doctor's visit and spent thirty minutes "Sweatin' To The Oldies" with Richard Simmons!!

She is magnificent!

If you were to look at one hundred women, you would NEVER pick her as being a cancer "VICTIM".

She's pink, precious and PERFECT!

Dear God....I LOVE this woman!

Thank ya'll for all of your prayers.

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heroes that we look up to emerge when we least expect it.

10/24/2006 11:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am happy to hear that the ever optimistic and irrepressible Michelle is doing well. It sounds like sshe has met this challenge head on and I really admire those who are determined not to be defeated. I only hope that if ever I find myself in similar straits that I can live up to their example. You two are in my thoughts and prayers.

10/25/2006 1:54 AM  
Blogger LL said...

That is FANTASTIC news.

And one of these days, you're gonna have to send me a pic of you and your lovely bride. I'll do a quid pro quo and send you one of my evil children. *grin*

10/25/2006 9:11 AM  
Blogger AFSister said...

YAYAYAAYAYA! that is awesome, Ron. I love it when men gush about their women. I wrote a post recently about the support network required for recovery- it's obvious Michelle has a great support network in you.

10/25/2006 11:15 AM  
Blogger GalacticallyStupid said...

Great news Ron. My best to Michelle and you...

10/25/2006 12:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Most excellent news, good man!
I do so admire both of you and your strengths during this time.

Prayers are continued.

10/25/2006 1:07 PM  
Blogger Rantin' Ron said...

Thanks ya'll.

LL..will do.

10/25/2006 1:09 PM  
Blogger GUYK said...

This is great news, Ron. My sweetthing is my life also..without her I could survive but I am not sure it would be worth it. I love her very dearly and am staying alive as much to take care of her as I am staying alive for anything.

10/25/2006 3:07 PM  
Blogger Rantin' Ron said...

Thanks Guykster. Sounds like we've two of the best girls around.

10/25/2006 6:39 PM  
Blogger Assrot said...

Glad to hear she is doing good. Give her a hug for me. I will keep praying for her and you too. I hope she continues to do well.

10/25/2006 7:22 PM  
Blogger Jean said...

Wonderful news!... seems true love abounds here.

10/25/2006 7:55 PM  
Blogger Rantin' Ron said...

Thanks Jean and Rot.

10/26/2006 7:58 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Great news. Blessings on you both.

10/26/2006 9:10 PM  
Blogger Rantin' Ron said...

Libby and Keeper...thank you both.

10/28/2006 12:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope things work out for you both. As somebody who's been on the wrong end of cancer, I don't want to discourage you. If it hits the fan, I'm here.

10/28/2006 10:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is just fantastic news! I'm so happy for you both!

10/30/2006 5:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home