Rons Rants

A Blog Is A Self-Inflicted Invasion Of Privacy

Name:
Location: Newland, North Carolina, United States

I'm a fifty two year old happily married man who doesn't really like many people which is why I live on the top of a mountain.

Monday, November 26, 2007

I’ve Been Thinkin’…..

You know, sometimes I feel a little apprehensive about all the stuff I write in this blog. I mean really….think about it.

All bloggers open up their lives up to all kinds of crazy stuff because, by the very nature of the internet, this stuff is out there virtually well…forever!

Thank God for the statute of limitations AND the fact that I’m not younger!

Can you imagine ME trying to get a job these days and having an employer catch wind of this blog? Hell, I’d be relegated to most menial jobs imaginable. I can almost see the 17 yr old assistant manager of the local Long John Silver trying to let my 53 yr old sorry ass down easy.

"Sorry Ron.....you're simply not up to LJS's standards for the 'mop boy' position."

God has been SO good to me ya’ll. Trust me on this one. Better than I deserve.

Many times as I’m writing this stuff, I wonder if people doubt the voracity of my weird stories but I assure you……it’s ALL true.

Unfortunate but true.

Sometimes, I wonder if some of those same people think that I was or AM a horrible person.

Thankfully, all of the people who are important to me already know about my life and love me just the same. My precious wife lived through some of it and has been told about the rest. It makes no sense but…she thinks I’m THE MAN! Go figure.

My Mom lived through almost ALL of it and says that I’m the only hell she ever raised but amazingly…she thinks I’m close to wonderful.

My Dad thinks I’m a freak of nature and even though I have irritated him for the majority of my life…he loves me too. To be honest though....I sometimes feel as though his love is the kind of love a father would bestow up a ‘special’ child. Not a great child but rather, more of a short bus ridin’, helmet wearin’, name and address tag pinned to his jacket kind of child.

My brother loves me and has rescued me so many times that he should be a certified life guard! He says that I have shown him what his life could have been like if he too had been born with an insatiable desire to have fun, horrible judgement, and the heart of a poet. He swears that he’s gonna make sure that my head stone reads….

He Just Came To Play

Hell…I LIKE that!

Oh yeah…..my little sisters love me too but hell...they love everybody!

My point in all this rambling is simply THIS….

For all the strange and really troubling stuff that I’ve done, experienced or witnessed….I never was a really bad guy. Stupid maybe but not really bad.

As I said before...I've been truly blessed and lucky.

I’m just glad that I’m not writing this blog from a prison library computer!

I’ll be back tomorrow to continue the tale.

Thanks for dropping by.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think a lot of us in this age bracket have done things that could have landed us in a prison library! Thank God that was then and this is now! The way they carry on about kids bringing nail clippers to school, etc surely would not have flown too well "in the old days." I believe God does have a sense of humor and endless patience, LOL.
Your family reflects all that is right and good about family. And I'm sure, deep down inside, your Daddy does NOT think of you as a short bus kind of guy. :)

11/27/2007 11:42 AM  
Blogger AspergantuS said...

Ron,
You have a bigger set than I do. There's a lot of things that I've done, statute of limitations or not that I'm hesitant to mention in this arena. Maybe some day... but dude... you're not a bad guy. None of your stories imply anything near to that. We lived in a different time, when the rules were a little different, that's all.

But in the meantime, I can't wait to see how this one ends...

11/29/2007 9:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home