Rons Rants

A Blog Is A Self-Inflicted Invasion Of Privacy

Name:
Location: Newland, North Carolina, United States

I'm a fifty two year old happily married man who doesn't really like many people which is why I live on the top of a mountain.

Friday, December 14, 2007

Michelle underwent her ninth chemo treatment in this latest round on Wednesday. All of the blood work and tests are saying that my prayers are being answered. She’s doing really well. Her tumor markers are down into the normal range from a high of 87 but a combination of the chemo treatment and the ingesting of a ‘contrast agent’ beverage last night in advance of a CatScan today made her pretty sick.

She’s feeling much better today but I have to admit that last night scared the hell out of me.

Most folks who undergo ‘serious’ chemo experience pretty terrible reactions but, thank God, Michelle has always cruised right through as if it was no big deal. Yes, she’s had a few ‘down’ days and she’s lost her hair twice now but….she’s always handled it like a champ.

Last night however, she wasn’t her normal SuperWoman self. She was as sick as a dog and absolutely FURIOUS about it!

No….she didn’t go crazy or anything but, for her…she really got PISSED!

She REFUSES to give in to the chemo OR the cancer!

Lord, this is one tough little woman.

I tried to comfort her as we lay in bed last night. It was somewhere around two a.m.. I had really tried to take care of her and cater to her every need for hours. Inspite of my best albiet bumbling efforts, she was feeling absolutely miserable. As I held her close, she turned her head toward the wall.

“Hey Big Boy….will you do me a favor?” she asked sweetly.

Alright! She was going to ask me to get her a glass of juice or something! I could do SOMETHING to make her feel better!

Wrong!!

She rolled over to face me.

She smiled her best angelic smile before she spoke.

“Will you PLEASE roll over and go the hell to sleep?” She asked. “You’re driving me NUTS!”

We both laughed a while.

She pushed me away and ordered me to leave her alone.

"Don't say another word!" she laughed. "Just go to sleep!"

“Okay darlin’.” I chuckled. “You wake me up if you need me.”

“I told you to shut up!!" she ordered.

After a minute or two we stopped laughing again.

"You wake me up if you need ME.” She said. “I’m more worried about you than I am me!”

"Not a word!!" She demanded.

I did as she asked and turned onto my right side and lay there in silence for a long time.

The entire time, I thought of what my life had been since I met her.

I thought about what my life would be without her.

After a long while, she turned and put her left arm around my chest and nuzzled her face into the base of my neck.

“Don’t worry Big Boy…..there ain’t NOTHING that GOD can’t fix.” She whispered softly. “This is just a rough patch….I’m not going anywhere.”

How amazing is THAT?

She's the one with cancer and yet...she’s comforting ME.

What an incredible woman she is.

Please pray for her…for us.

I’d be lost without her.

8 Comments:

Blogger Jean said...

You are BOTH amazing!
In my thoughts, as always, my friends.

12/14/2007 7:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have my prayers as well.

AC

12/14/2007 12:27 PM  
Blogger Assrot said...

Ron I don't have to tell you what a special woman you have there. You already know that.

I had to go through chemo treatments for a year back in 1998. I am here to tell you it is a living hell. I am a 6'-4", 300lb man and that shit kicked my fucking ass like nothing I have ever experienced in my life. I thought at the time that I would rather die than go through it anymore.

At the same time, I thought about all the people that love and care about me and I felt worse for them than I did for myself. I did not want them to see me suffer and I sure as hell would not think about killing myself to end the pain because I knew what it would do to them.

I will say a prayer for you and your wife every night. I wish her and you both a speedy recovery. She is definitely a very special person and from what I am hearing from you she is a damn sight tougher than I am.

You are both in my thoughts and prayers. I know you suffer right along with her so I am wishing you both the best.

Please have a Merry Christmas or if you don't celebrate Christmas, please enjoy every second of whatever holiday you do celebrate.

I have been disease free since my treatment. I'm just lucky I guess. I've not had any further problems. I will pray for the same for you guys.

Happy Holidays Bro'. May God be with you.

12/14/2007 7:30 PM  
Blogger AspergantuS said...

Dear Lord,
I don't personally know these people, but in my heart I can tell they are real... Real nice, really down the earth, and really spiritual. Please be with them during this "rough patch" and guide them as you see fit. Make their pain bearable, their love stronger, their faith unquestionable. Please heal Michelle.

Amen

12/14/2007 10:50 PM  
Blogger Rantin' Ron said...

Thanks to all of you for the prayers.

Rocky..don't know where your comment went but thanks.

Ya'll are all great.

12/14/2007 11:27 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

What a wonderful woman. I will offer every prayer I can for you.

12/15/2007 9:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know, Ron, it probably was eaten by a cyber worm :)

12/16/2007 12:51 AM  
Blogger kdzu said...

May God Bless, but then, I think he already has.

12/16/2007 10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home