Rons Rants

A Blog Is A Self-Inflicted Invasion Of Privacy

Name:
Location: Newland, North Carolina, United States

I'm a fifty two year old happily married man who doesn't really like many people which is why I live on the top of a mountain.

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Touching Base

Hi ya'll. Just touching base to let you know that all is well in Ron's world.

I can't seem to find the time to blog these days but...the good news is that I've been busy.

My back and legs are still driving me nuts and...I'm pretty sure that I'm hopelessly hooked on Percocet but...at least I'm able to get around and function.

It's a catch twenty two situation but....there it is.

I'm on a huge diet now. No Glutins....whatever the hell they are. Michelle is in charge of what I eat so....I do what I'm told.

I've lost fourteen pounds in two weeks and back to working out as much as I can so....that's a good thing.

I suppose.

Gotta get some weight off of my back and legs so.....it's worth the effort.

The Atrial Fibrulation is still a crap shoot but, all things considered, seems to be getting better.

My precious Michelle is doing well. Still running circles around me and everyone else I know. She's been maintaining a huge garden, the yard, the flower gardens, the puppy, the house, me, our grandkids and a bunch of total strangers all at the same time so.....

She's just being Michelle.

Super Woman Jr.

I hope and pray that all of you are doing well.

I'm going into the office almost every day and contributing as much as I can to the overall effort. Dealing with a bunch of twenty-ish kids is actually a lot of fun most times but it amazes me how ignorant these college kids are! All that money for school and they are still, quite literally....ignorant.

I'd love to say that they are, at the very least, well educated but alas....I can't even make that assertion.

They are ignorant!

True story:

Just yesterday I heard one young lady ranting about global warming. She was getting extremely passionate about the need for Congressional hearing into the "Crisis" of Global Warming/Climate Change so, after she calmed down a bit, I asked her who should lead such a hearing. She looked at me as though I'd asked her the dumbest question ever and stated confidently.

"Al Gore of course!"

I laughed and said.

"Wouldn't that be a hoot? Talk about a McCarthy hearing!"

I swear you could hear the crickets chirping as she asked....

"Jenny McCarthy? What's she got to do with Global Warming?"

I REST MY FRIGGIN' CASE!!!

Take care and God Bless ya'll.

Back soon....I hope.

3 Comments:

Anonymous AC said...

After you loose all the weight you need to, could you send Michelle west to my house?
Glad your able to function and maybe feeling a bit better.
Take care
AC

6/24/2009 10:48 PM  
Blogger Assrot said...

I am a professor at a fairly good sized university down here in Florida. I can tell you that the Liberals have dumbed education down so much in the past 25 years that a college education these days is about the equivalent of what an 8th grade education was when I went to school.

We're not allowed to teach anymore and Lord help you if you fail someone because they are too lazy or stupid to do the work.

Kids these days have a "right" to a degree whether they earn it or not thanks to the Left.

I'm glad to hear you and Michelle are doing good. Don't worry too much about the pain meds. As long as you take them as prescribed and don't have a dope pusher for a doctor, you'll be fine.

Them Percocets will probably make you a little on the grouchy side. That tends to be one of the major side effects. Don't be too hard on yourself. There is a big difference between a dopehead and someone that needs medication to lead a normal, pain free life.

As always, I'm looking forward to your next "Tale of Brave Ulysses". Take your time and enjoy life while you can buddy.

Joe

6/26/2009 5:41 PM  
Blogger rockync said...

It's always so strange to realize that our generation and the current generation have completely different frames of reference.
Jenny McCarthy... what a hoot!

7/01/2009 4:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home