Rons Rants

A Blog Is A Self-Inflicted Invasion Of Privacy

Name:
Location: Newland, North Carolina, United States

I'm a fifty two year old happily married man who doesn't really like many people which is why I live on the top of a mountain.

Monday, November 14, 2011

It's Been A Very Long Time...

Yep, it's been a very long time since I've blogged.

I just spoke with my old blog friend Jean in sunny Florida a couple of days ago. As a result, I decided to try logging on and I swear it took me over a half hour of jumping through I-hoops to get to the point where I could make this entry. Not much seems to have changed in the inner workings of it however so....that's a good thing for me. I'm not much of a "change" kind of guy. I was really dreading getting back in to blogger so...that wasn't so bad.

For now, I guess I'm going to try and get back in the blog saddle soon. It's a pretty good way to kill time or vent a little bit. Lord knows it sure has been an incredibly tough couple of years for me. But...I don't know if I want to write about it.

I guess I could write about some of what has taken place but for the most part...I'm still trying to figure it out.

Stuff like the fact that my precious little wife Michelle passed away July 3rd of this year.

I can't begin to tell you how tough it's been living without her. Somehow I simply wasn't prepared for her to be GONE. Man...She’s actually gone. FOREVER. I know, I know....it sounds stupid as hell but I just wasn't ready for it. She fought a ten year battle against an almost invincible cancer and still I wasn't ready for it.

What a dumb ass.

What I do know for sure is that losing her damn near killed me. No exaggeration....I've spent the past few months in and out of hospitals including almost two weeks in intensive care! Dear Lord am I a wuss or what? I lose one little pain in the ass woman and I go all to hell! Who would've thunk it?

My heart almost literally quit on me the week after she passed away. Sounds like a bunch of soap opera meets Oprah/touchy feely horse manure but it's true! It was too overwhelming to believe.

Well, I'm still here and actually seem to be getting much better so....I suppose it's time that I get busy trying to do something besides go to the office and coming back to an empty house. Man....sounds like a line out of a W channel movie of the week don't it?

Anyway......

I hope to be back here real soon,

Ron

4 Comments:

Anonymous LL said...

Damn. I'm so, so sorry, Ron. I know she was your soulmate and love of your life. :(

11/18/2011 6:35 AM  
Anonymous Almost Candy said...

You don't know me. But you know Jean and I know Jean.

And Jean is a great friend to have.

Can't even imagine what you're going through.

But I'll pray for you.

11/19/2011 9:46 AM  
Blogger Jean said...

It's good to see you back...just so very sad about losing Michelle and all your troubles since.

11/19/2011 2:12 PM  
Blogger goatman said...

You must blog and let it out.
I don't know what I would do if my girl was gone. I guess you never think of those things till they happen and then you try to cope.
I cannot advise, never having been where you are. Only -- be happy with the good times, I guess.

11/19/2011 5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home