Rons Rants

A Blog Is A Self-Inflicted Invasion Of Privacy

Name:
Location: Newland, North Carolina, United States

I'm a fifty two year old happily married man who doesn't really like many people which is why I live on the top of a mountain.

Friday, June 30, 2006

Dear Anonymous

I received a drive by comment by some dick head named Anonymous. I wondered about the origin of such a strange name so...I looked it up. Turns out it is Greek for cowardly, spineless piece of shit. Who knew?
Anyway, Anonymous' comment was this:

"Blog all you want Sir, but you are not....and never will be a "Rob Smith."

My only question is this: Why the hell would I aspire to be a screwed up, self indulgent, self absorbed, delusional, wannabe William Faulkner with a queer daughter, a son who doesn't want to see him, and an ex-wife who probably had damned good reasons to screw him over every chance she got? Oh yeah.... he also killed himself and is presently burning in Hell!

Yeah, you are correct dumbass...I will NEVER be a Rob Smith.

I truly enjoyed reading his blog because it was a bit like a cross between rubber necking at a ten car pile up and watching the Jerry Springer show...I felt a bit embarrassed in viewing both of 'em...but I did it anyway.

Yep...I'm no Rob Smith but I guess I AM a bit wierd too. Just Damn. (my homage to Rob)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Count your lucky stars Ron. But I gotta make one comment. You seem to be the ONLY one telling it like it is. I just finished reading the last of the "Saint Rob" posts and nary a sole wrote anything as close to the truth as "Oh yeah, he also killed himself and is presently burning in Hell!" The thing is, I'm sick of everyone patting recovered alcoholics, if there is such a thing, on the back and calling them heros. Alcoholics hurt everyone around them. They put their families through hell without even blinking an eye. Their children are forever changed, their loved ones can never trust them or rely on them... I could go on and on and I realize I'm generalizing, but they don't call em stereotypes for nothing. Forget all that, my point was gonna be that you may never be Rob Smith, but I sure don't see anyone else writing the harsh, brutal truth about the man and his life. AND that's what Rob did, write the hard stuff. Kinda like what you just did.

6/30/2006 9:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for telling the fucking truth! It was refreshing to come over here and not find a collection of St. Rob posts or three silly, stupid cunts starting catfights in the comments. (And yes, I'm talking about you, Stevie. You need to STFU, like yesterday) Rob was a bitter, selfish alcoholic who alienated every living thing he came in contact with and now he's dead. The end. Try as I might, I just can't give a shit.

7/04/2006 2:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, you got big balls speaking the truth about antisaint Rob.

7/04/2006 10:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home