Rons Rants

A Blog Is A Self-Inflicted Invasion Of Privacy

Name:
Location: Newland, North Carolina, United States

I'm a fifty two year old happily married man who doesn't really like many people which is why I live on the top of a mountain.

Friday, November 17, 2006

I'm Hurt!

No really....I'm freakin' HURT!

Don't start thinking that I'm one of those thin skinned blogmorons who's 'feelings' have been hurt. No, that definately ain't me!

What I'm trying to say is that I am actually, physically and, most assuredly, HURT!

Pain really sucks!

I have been working out every single day for the past two months. I have lifted many thousands of pounds of weights and ridden a stationary bike half way across America and have been feeling GREAT! However....I was laid low by going 'one on one' with my twelve year old nephew on the basketball court a couple of days ago!

Dear lord...my fifty two year old thrice surgically repaired right knee simply gave out AGAIN!

I'm gonna have to have the damned thing replaced if and when the swelling ever goes down! An artificial knee...what a bizarre concept but...I've spoken to other folks that have undergone the procedure and they have nothing but praise for it so....why not?

I plan to have our computers moved back downstairs where I have a wonderful recliner waiting as well as my wireless keyboard so....I plan to post alot more often in the near future.

Thank for those of you who continue to drop by. I assure you...I'll be more prolific in the near future.

More "Smug Drugglers" tomorrow.

8 Comments:

Blogger Jean said...

ow!!!....going one on one with a twelve year old... ohgoodgawd.
Get better soon, dear man.

11/18/2006 12:33 AM  
Blogger KurtP said...

Man, that sucks about your knee.

OK, sympathy's over- start writing!

11/18/2006 3:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ouch!!! Never play with kids, they always win and we always feel pain;-) Hope the swelling goes down fast and takes the pain with it.

11/18/2006 6:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry, you sre hurt. You're right, pain sucks big time. My achilles heel is my lower back which I manage to throw out at least once or twice a year. What is it about that big 50 mark and the corresponding failure of body parts?

11/18/2006 8:11 PM  
Blogger Noel said...

I am soon going to need at least one new knee , maybe two .
They can work wonders these days .

11/18/2006 8:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is up with you old dudes tryin' to act all young?!? hahahaha!!

Hope you feel better soon. Lots of advil, m'kay?

11/18/2006 9:20 PM  
Blogger GUYK said...

Oh boy..I got the same problems with both knees. But the surgeon wants to shoot them full of some kind of artificial stuff and see how that works before we go the replacement route. Seems this stuff is new and works well for some people. Worth a try I reckon..

11/19/2006 5:32 PM  
Blogger AFSister said...

Ohhhhhhh HONEY.
My Honey just had his knee replaced about 6 weeks ago. The recovery is VERY slow and painful. Damn, Ron. I really hate to hear that.

I was just telling my Honey today that he has 4 distinct voices: happy, sad, sexy, and Valium. Valium Voice comes out to play for therapy sessions, because without the valium AND percocet, he can't get through the sessions. "Heybabbbbbyyyyy i'mmm at therrrapeee. fuckinSUCKEDtoday"

Of course, given your expert drug abilities, you might enjoy that.

11/28/2006 1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home