Rons Rants

A Blog Is A Self-Inflicted Invasion Of Privacy

Name:
Location: Newland, North Carolina, United States

I'm a fifty two year old happily married man who doesn't really like many people which is why I live on the top of a mountain.

Friday, January 12, 2007

What I've Been Up To....

Some of you asked that I post pictures of the snow while others asked that I post pictures of my initial attempts at the scroll saw so....here goes.

I usually do wood carving or Dremel work so......don't expect too much. This is a new hobby for me. I'm having fun learning how to use the scroll saw. It's a really safe and versatile tool. With the temperature in the teens and snow on the ground, it ain't like I've got much else to do these days.

The first picture is the front yard. The second is 'Molly', the spoiled rotten puppy. Next is the bed I made for her using the scroll saw and Dremel tool. Michelle made the pillow, I just did the wood work. Then there is the butterfly picture frame I made for my nieces. Next is the plaque I made for my Mom and last but not least is the likeness of Ronaldus Maximus...The Gipper...Ronald Reagan. Damn! That one took a long time and I'm gonna give it to my Dad.

So...as ya'll can can see, I've been busy makin' saw dust but I will be posting another yarn soon.

I hope ya'll are all doing well.

Back soon.









10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool for intial projects! I imagine it won't be long before you are doing those real intricate scroll works, although that butterfly frame and the "Gipper" pix are quite impressive.Glad you're having fun.

1/12/2007 10:51 PM  
Blogger Kat said...

Coolness! Good work - I'm duly impressed. :)

1/12/2007 10:52 PM  
Blogger Jean said...

Glad to know you're having so much fun. Beautiful work!
The ribs must be a little better too, eh?

1/12/2007 11:42 PM  
Blogger KurtP said...

With the temperature in the teens and snow on the ground, it ain't like I've got much else to do these days.

You COULD write sumthin' ya know...

1/12/2007 11:59 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Jeez. A musician and an artist. You are a renaissance man Ron.

1/13/2007 12:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

...a musician and and artist..and an excellent writer ta boot!

Love all the artwork, and lil Mz.Molly is the cutest cocker i have seen. Absolutely adorable.

And you know how i feel about y'alls property. Can i come live with you and Michelle? I can sleep with Molly. I don't take up much room!

1/14/2007 8:14 AM  
Blogger Rantin' Ron said...

Thanks to all of ya'll. I'm gonna start a new tale very soon. Between obsessing with making saw dust and watching football, I've been otherwise occupied.'

Hope all of ya'll are okay.

1/14/2007 5:13 PM  
Blogger AFSister said...

SUPER COOL!!!! Thanks for the pictures, Ron. I can see why you haven't had time to post! Great work. Really great work, Ron!

1/14/2007 11:35 PM  
Blogger Kirsten N. Namskau said...

Fantastic work. Geezz... it must be fun to have such talent. I am impressed by the art of Ronald Regan, but all of them are sooo well done.

1/15/2007 11:23 AM  
Blogger Lil Toni said...

Awesome dood! I'm impressed.

2/05/2007 2:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home