Rons Rants

A Blog Is A Self-Inflicted Invasion Of Privacy

Name:
Location: Newland, North Carolina, United States

I'm a fifty two year old happily married man who doesn't really like many people which is why I live on the top of a mountain.

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Great News!

Thanks to all of you who responded to my last post. Your prayers were greatly appreciated and answered.

In the six years since this fight against cancer began, Michelle has done really well but this last run of tests were truly miraculous!

The new Oncologist went into incredible detail with us and spent a long time showing and explaining the CT and Bone scans as well as the blood tests.

The news was fantastic!

Michelle has had tumors in almost EVERY vertabrae in her spine for six years and while they are not GONE, the team of doctors and clinical experts are saying that those tumors are dying and that the space once occupied by those malignancys are being filled by healthy BONE! You can actually see the difference on the film.

A serious tumor on her left hip is completely GONE!

Having said that....there are still tumors in her liver, arms and pelvis but NONE of those have progressed at all in the past six years so...while it can't be called 'remission' which is the absence of cancer...it's pretty close!

Thanks again ya'll!

Some folks say that prayers are useless and that God is a figment of our imagination but, I believe God is real.

I don't pretend to know all the answers but I do believe that faith is the cornerstone of life. Faith in yourself, faith in your family, faith in your beliefs, faith in your wife and faith in God.

Yes, we all die and bad things happen to good people but I firmly believe that those who have faith stand a much better chance than those who wander aimlessly in life with no faith at all.

Call me a moron but....

I'm just saying.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're not a moron. All kinds of prayers are being answered with a "yes" lately. I'm glad of the good news, hon!!

11/22/2006 11:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's boundless power in prayer and I'm so happy that God said yes to these. Tell Michelle I'm in her cheering section and have a nice Thanksgiving.

11/22/2006 12:06 PM  
Blogger Walrilla said...

Oh, man, great news! And you're right, faith works. It has been evidenced so very often in my life that I can't deny it.

11/22/2006 12:32 PM  
Blogger KurtP said...

I'm glad to hear that, Hope she keeps her head up.
Good luck and I'll keep you in my prayers.

11/22/2006 1:06 PM  
Blogger Lil Toni said...

Sooooo glad to hear Michelle is doing better.
You both remain in my prayers.

11/22/2006 1:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes! Yes! Yes! and thank You, God!!

Thanksgiving, indeed!

Y'all have a wonderful one!

11/22/2006 8:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A Happy Thanksgiving indeed.

11/22/2006 8:59 PM  
Blogger Rantin' Ron said...

Thanks ya'll. You are all too great for words.

Happy Thanksgiving to all. I know I've got ALOT to be thankful for.

11/22/2006 9:37 PM  
Blogger Jean said...

Wonderful news, Ron!
Wishing you both the best Thanksgiving ever!!

11/23/2006 11:26 AM  
Blogger Alnot said...

God is more real than any imagination can conceive. Even in this life of being butt a fart in the winds of time.

11/24/2006 1:46 PM  
Blogger AFSister said...

YAY YAY YAY!
OH.. YAY!

*happy dance*

Prayer, and faith, and good doctors can do wonders these days. I'm tellin' ya, Ron. Your love for Michelle helped a lot too.

11/28/2006 1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home