Rons Rants

A Blog Is A Self-Inflicted Invasion Of Privacy

Name:
Location: Newland, North Carolina, United States

I'm a fifty two year old happily married man who doesn't really like many people which is why I live on the top of a mountain.

Thursday, August 24, 2006

The Day From Hell

I'm gonna write about it someday soon but, I can't deal with it right now.

Ok....maybe just a few lines.

My Sister in Law is a fucking moron.

This morning, I was asked to get her computer set up downstairs so that she could go online and check her email.

The request was made by 'She Who MUST be Adored'....Michelle. Dear God I love that little woman!

I agreed to do as she asked.

This was, of course, BEFORE I realized that I had to drill a hole in the floor upstairs to accomodate a Cat 5 cable, rip out TWO sections of ceiling tile in the garage, drill two more holes in the partition leading to the "Younto Room" AND rip down one section of paneling beside the door!

Just fuck me to gotdamned tears!

I'm 52 yrs old, semi retired, suffering from Atrial Fibrulation which means that, 98% of the time, my heart is racing like Lance friggin' Armstrong on the final leg of the "Tour De Surrender Monkey's" and damn it....I don't like the bitch SIL anyhow!

HOWEVER.....I love my wife more than I hate anything else on this planet so.....

I did it.

AFTER I had accomplished the aforementioned dreaded tasks, I walked back downstairs to bask in the 'sure to be forthcoming' praise for my Herculian efforts and what am I confronted with instead?

My precious little wife, Michelle looking pitifull, apprehensive, precious, adorable AND.....confident!!

She hugged me, kissed me and then said.........

"Sweetheart....I knew I was in trouble....."D" (my damned SIL) had a little accident....would you tell me what we can do to fix it?"

I looked into the bedroom she has taken possesion of to find that the bed was COVERED with more clothes than I've ever seen in my life.

Looking further, I saw that, inside the twin door mirrored closet, she had managed to collapse a set of shelves that you could hang the fucking space shuttle on if you had the desire to do so!

Suffice to say that I have been dealing with THAT and the desire to kill "D" all evening so.....

I won't be finishing the latest story tonight.

Sorry folks but, life get's in the way sometimes.....like today.

Goodnight, God Bless and please....pray for me 'cause I may KILL "D" soon if she doesn't emerge from her mid life crisis and go back home to her equally moronic husband!

See ya'll tomorrow. I'm going to bed and dream of ways to get away with murder.

Thanks to those of you who drop by....ya'll are great AND appreciated.

Ron

12 Comments:

Blogger Alnot said...

Shared misery here Ron. My son and his outlaw wife have been here all week and will not move out until Monday at the earliest. I am your age and retired on disability. I used to and still do install wiring for telephones and computers. I just move too slow to be employed at it anymore. I probably could have done that since I just finished wiring my house for both wired and wireless high speed DSL. Unfortunately still stuck in Yuma while my wife spends more money than she makes. I was supposed to take a trip back to West Virginia to visit with what is left of the family and friends I made years ago. We have a family burial ground next to the old country church and I would like to visit and pay respects to those I may all too soon be joining.

8/25/2006 12:26 AM  
Blogger Noel said...

I know you are just stalling us on the Hell's Angel story , Ron ! You really LOVE "D" , I am sure . After all , she IS your wife's sister , right ?

8/25/2006 2:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a daughter in law that has evoked murder plots in my dreams, too. When they moved here from FL with a 2 yo and a newborn, they stayed with us for 3 months. How she lived I don't know. She doesn't work so she was here all day while the rest of us worked. I'd come back to crayon drawings on the walls, sticky spilled stuff on the carpet....I love my grandkids, but, for the love of God,she should be able to watch two kids since one wasn't even walking yet! I had a plastic strainer she would use to rinse bottle parts. She kept putting it on the nearby stove right over top of the burner. I told her not to do it, one day that burner would be hot. You guessed it, I came home one day to find the strainer melted to the burner. I must have dropped that son on his head once too many times!

8/25/2006 7:34 AM  
Blogger AFSister said...

Heh.
I get to move tomorrow. By myself. I hired movers for the furniture, but I have to move the rest of the shit out of my ex's house and into my new one. It's gonna be one long-ass weekend.

Ron- if you find yourself in Cincinnati this weekend, I promise not to make you tear out walls to move computers or break closet shelves!

8/25/2006 7:43 AM  
Blogger GalacticallyStupid said...

I have a suggestion, Ronny Boy. Hint to your wife that you'd like to do a threesome with her and "D". Just a suggestion...

8/25/2006 8:01 AM  
Blogger GUYK said...

Just quit buying groceries. Take you sweetthing out to eat and leave SIL at home. When she gets hungry she will get the hint.

8/25/2006 9:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Starve 'em out! I like that one GUY!

8/25/2006 11:59 AM  
Blogger Rantin' Ron said...

That's a good idea Guyk...only problem is, there's a full kitchen downstairs! She's self contained...just wish she'd stay down there and stop creating work for me!

8/25/2006 7:00 PM  
Blogger Rantin' Ron said...

GS you're a sick puppy.

8/25/2006 7:00 PM  
Blogger LL said...

Awww, c'mon, you know you LOVE being needed like that.

Or not.

8/25/2006 10:32 PM  
Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

remember what confucius said about guests and dead fish..they both start to stink after 3 days....

8/26/2006 2:06 AM  
Blogger Alnot said...

Update!!! They moved to Phoenix! Doing happy dance.

8/27/2006 1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home