Rons Rants

A Blog Is A Self-Inflicted Invasion Of Privacy

Name:
Location: Newland, North Carolina, United States

I'm a fifty two year old happily married man who doesn't really like many people which is why I live on the top of a mountain.

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Hey....It Could Happen...Right?

Every time I watch political events such as the "Ream Rummy Fest" that went on today, I ALWAYS want to scream at the screen....well....I do actually scream at the screen sometimes but in a very manly fashion, it's not really a scream you know.... more of a ROAR. Really. There's a whole lot of BASS in my roar.

Having settled that....

I wish, just ONE freakin' time I would hear an honest emotion come out of a Bush administration official. Granted, Rummy is as tough as it gets in Woosieton, DC but I want more. Damn it...I want to see a return to those halcyon days of the friggin' DUEL!

Man....THAT would guarantee a Senate hearing worth watching! No more classic horseshit such as:

"I believe my dear respected collegue, the gracious and wise Senator from the great state of New York, the esteemed and distinguished Ms. Clinton must have misunderstood my record on this matter."

I want to hear something along the lines of:

"Senator Clinton, you are a liar. Now that you've read your prepared speech, shouldn't we talk about the REAL world problems in Iraq?"

Of course, this would be followed by feigned indignation by Hillary, Ted, Dick and their ilk.

Ole Teddy would lead the way.

"Err ah....Secretary...err ah Rumsfeld..err ahh, am I to understand that you, errrrr don't wish to answer these ahhh very serious charges err ah set forth by ahhhhh Senator ah ah Clinton?"

"You got it "Bridge Boy". I was just waiting for you to open your big mouth so I could ask YOU a question."

"Err ahhh, Mr. Secretary, I'm um, I'm ahh the one asking the ahhh errr questions here but err ah, go ahead and ask your ahh umm question?"

"Pistols, Swords or fists?"

"Err ah...I'm afraid I don't ahh get your meaning"

It means I'm calling you out, you bobble headed prick."

Now....wouldn't THAT be refreshing?

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If all the people running governments in the world had to fight these wars they keep starting amongst themselves, do ya think we might finally HAVE world peace?

8/04/2006 10:41 AM  
Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

i think the senate and house should be required to have the sessions while buck naked...that would cut down on the useless chit chat and bullshit conversations..and then force them to duel...i like that..

8/04/2006 10:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you got that right...both of you.

Ron

8/04/2006 12:41 PM  
Blogger GUYK said...

Ron, I think Rummy and his Generals screwed the pooch the way they fought the war in Iraq. They didn't disarm and secure it while they had the chance. Now this couldbe for any number of reasons and the most likely is that they figured on going in and getting out inside of a few months. I figure that they had bad intelligence from inside Iraq. But whatever the case, ground taken that cannot be secured just needlessly cost lives of the troops who took it unless it was taken to knock out a stategic enemy stronghold. this was never the case in Iraq.

But I figure it is too late now. I would like to see Rummy resign but now that Hiary is calling for it I am changing my mind. I have found that taking the opposite stand from her is generally the right stand.

8/04/2006 5:53 PM  
Blogger Teresa said...

Thank you for your kindness Ron. I printed out your comment and I intend to reread it a few times.
Michele is a role model for us all.
And a hero in my eyes.

Keeper, thank you also. Such concern and caring from strangers is rare these days. I do appreciate it.

8/04/2006 7:46 PM  
Blogger Rantin' Ron said...

My pleasure Darlin' Lady.

8/05/2006 10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home