Rons Rants

A Blog Is A Self-Inflicted Invasion Of Privacy

Name:
Location: Newland, North Carolina, United States

I'm a fifty two year old happily married man who doesn't really like many people which is why I live on the top of a mountain.

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

The Insanity Plea

Andrea Yates was found NOT GUILTY by reason of INSANITY. I suppose, you might say that the insanity of Roe versus Wade has allowed women to murder their children for years but that's a matter for another post. Or maybe not. I'm not arrogant enough to imagine that my beady brain is capable of generating any original thought on the subject.

Just a few thoughts on the subject of the insanity plea however.....

Granted, ANYONE who could drown five children in a feces filled bathtub (much less their OWN children) is, beyond doubt, certifiably IN-freakin'-SANE! She is crazier than a cat shot in the ass. No doubt about it.

My question is simple however....

Why is Anrea Yates deemed "Innocent By Reason Of Insanity" and basically sentenced to some arbitrary, non-specific term of confinement in a mental institution during which she may be allowed to walk free IF and WHEN some "mental health" professional decides she is no longer a danger to herself OR society? Is this not INSANITY in and of itself?

Don't think so? Ok....riddle me THIS.....

Was Jeffrey Dahmer "SANE"? (He was found to be "Just Plain GUILTY" even though he kept his victim's body parts in a refrigerator.) He received FIFTEEN consecutive life sentences and thankfully, was murdered with a mop wringer while in prison. Good Karma there.

John Wayne Gacy? (Found "Just Plain GUILTY "even though he dressed up like a clown and killed more people than a dozen Muslim's on a serious Jihad AND buried them under his freakin' house!) He was put to death after receiving 21 life sentences and ten death sentences! Now THAT'S justice in "Ron's Book"!

Charles Manson? (Found "Just Plain Guilty". That weird bastard never even personally killed anyone! He simply talked other moron's into doing it for him. (He would have made a GREAT salesman!) Old Charley is still rotting in prison...thank the Lord!

Those evil bastards were as INSANE as you can get but they got no "Guilty By Reason Of Insanity" sentence...they got what they deserved. PERIOD.

My point is simple...

ANYONE who kills someone has to be a tad bit insane so why the hell do some folks get the Not Guilty By Reason Of Insanity sentence and others get the death penalty or long prison sentences? It makes no sense to me but I do believe that the majority of these ridiculous INSANITY verdicts are given to women. As with the Yate's case, the murderess is deemed to not personally be responsible because of PMS, Post Partem Depression or because of an abusive, neglectful, domineering, manipulative or philandering husband.

I contend that if almost ANY man had committed the crime that Andrea Yates DID there would be no Insanity verdict. No one would buy a bunch of horseshit about his wife being a horrible person or any other excuse. He would be found guilty. Period.

I realize that there have been many cases of men receiving insanity verdicts but it seems to me, and I believe the figures bear me out that women are allowed far more leniency in all criminal cases but especially in murder cases than do men. This is a perfect time to ask and alter the proverbial question....

Shouldn't "what's good for the Gander be good for the Goose"?

Some may say I'm whining but I believe I'm simply commenting on a ridiculous inequity in the so-called Justice System and don't get me started on the downright CRIMINAL inequities in the sentencing of white versus black defendents.

I am equally ticked off that some white collar white dude can rip off pension funds for millions or embezzle millions and get a ten year sentence at a Club Fed yet a seventeen year old Black kid who robs a 7-11 of $100.oo gets twenty years in a SERIOUS prison. That is absolute horsehit too!

Now THAT'S "Insanity"!!!

10 Comments:

Blogger Rantin' Ron said...

Keeper..according to "professionals", Sociopaths and Psycopaths can't control themselves any more than Andra Yates could.
I guess my point could be boiled down to the fact that anyone who commits almost any crime especially violent crimes could be called insane. I'm sorry, call me a classic male chauvenist but I simply DO NOT buy all the "clinical" excuses for women doing wrong.
Men get depressed,they have "issues", believe it or not, men get abused by wives yet, nine times out of ten..they pay the full price for their crimes.
Whether it's clinical or evil..murderers should go to JAIL. If we as a society are going to buy into the "insanity" plea to this degree, why don't we just tear down the prisons? Everyone is bit crazy at times so, no one should have to take responsibility? Very respectfully Keeper darlin'....I ain't buying it.
Teresa, I never heard of the Downs woman...whoa! I googled her and read bit. She is evil but there's another example of sentencing inequity in my opinion....65 years? I believe a man would have gotten life or death.
I know...I'm an ass.
I do love you ladie's opinions...that's what's fun about this blogging stuff!!

7/27/2006 1:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ron, you know I've got something to say about this! There is a difference between evil and insanity. Keeper is right, Yates had many, many problems that rendered her mentally insane. I'm not saying what she did was right OR that she shouldn't be punished, but I don't believe she could help what happened...AND I don't believe she is a further threat to society if she gets the proper help and medication. I would think she is a threat to herself and if she ever regains sanity, she will try to commit suicide. I know I wouldn't want to live if I had killed my children. And you gotta be kidding about women receiving more leniency in the criminal justice system. A huge report came out on just this subject...I think in 1994 or 1995. Women and children have been,and still are, actual victims of the criminal justice system. Women are the victims of crime approximately 5 times more often than men. Look it up. Criminal justice personnel tend to see female victims as being to blame and they are treated accordingly. If that isn't injustice, I don't know what is. I have a lot to say about the CRIMINAL inequities in all areas of the judicial system, but I think it's safe to say we don't even know the half of it.
I'm not gonna get into men being allowed to kill their wives and children after repeated attempts are made by the wife to get police protection and I'm not gonna write about the medical profession's refusal (until recent years) to acknowledge post partum depression as a legitimate disorder, but I do wonder if any of us can understand true clinical depression unless we've experienced it. Sure,we get depressed about things we can't control, but true depression is another matter entirely. My brother-in-law's mother killed herself after a 14 year battle with depression. Can you think of anything else, other than a gun pointed at your child's head, that could make you take your own life? Depression is strong stuff.

7/27/2006 4:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Talk about insanity vs evil, what do you think about Ayman al-Zawahri's latest message calling for all muslims to become martyrs in the name of God by killing all non muslims...nothing new there...but is he and his fellow jihadists evil or insane???
For some reason I can't bring myself to use a captial "M" to spell muslim. Do you think their brains are fried by heaters hidden under those towels?

7/27/2006 5:13 PM  
Blogger Rantin' Ron said...

Ladies...
I just wrote for ten minutes in defense of my previous statements only to have hit the WRONG DAMNED key on the keyboard thereby sending my response into some sort of internet nether world! It's gone.

With my luck, it'll show up on some muslim terrorist site INCLUDING my IP, home address and GPS coordinates to my den!

I'll be purchasing a Patriot Missle system tomorrow on E-Bay for defense from muslim rockets.

Keeper, you are dead on point. muslims ARE a brainwashed cult. I have no clue as to what we can do to combat them. I fear that we will have remove them from the fact of the planet if there is ever to be an end in sight to all this bs.

I really appreciate ya'll. Thanks for the comments.

Teresa...I was referring to sentencing NOT to the absolute FACT that women and kids are without a doubt victimized much more often than men. I would say however,(at the risk of getting my ass scorched by you ladies) that many women put themselves AND their children in jeopardy by associating (living with and marrying) men that they KNOW are pieces of human debris..they just think they can "fix them" after they marry/shack up with them.

Men ain't "fixer uppers"...we are pretty much "what you see is ALL you will EVER get". Pick a good one..we ain't like a guitar that gets better with age. What you see is pretty much what you get. PERIOD.

While the men who victimize them are guilty..so are the women who allow themselves AND their children to become victims. I call it "self inflicting behavior".

Once you are a parent, it is YOUR responsibity to protect YOUR life and the life of your child. If that means going to bed horny..so be it. Deal with it. Don't go out and bring some bar freak (male or female) home to your children! Very rarely does anything good come of it.

Gotta go for now.

Take care and God Bless.

7/27/2006 9:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Baaaaaaa...Good point Keeper. It is impossible for us to understand what an insane person feels or thinks. Talk about coincidence, I just finished watching a program on Discovery Channel entitled "Most Evil." Some of the information pertains to Ron's original post. It explained why men commit 93% of all murders and why women who do kill are usually one time murderers. Scientists have discovered that MRI's taken of male and female brains show only one area of difference - the frontal lobe is considerably larger in the female brain. This is the area that contols reactions to fright, it is the emotion regultor region. This area is more developed in women and allows for greater contol of agression.
I always thought testosterone was to blame for all that violence. I guess it's all in the evolution of the brain.

7/27/2006 10:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have no idea where to start. What a load of crap. Do you really believe a woman who is beaten by her husband, lover, father, is partially to blame???Just because she didn't leave him it becomes somehow her fault that the man is a sonofabitch??? NO ONE
has the right to harm another person...NO ONE...no matter what the other person does. Yes, we have the right to defend ourselves, but that's it. If a woman is raped, are you gonna say it's partially because she wore trashy clothing or acted in a seductive manner???? You can't blame the victim...yet that's what the courts do and that's what you just did. Scroll up and read my comment to Keeper about the program that was on Discovery Channel tonight. It was very interesting and addressed the levels of agression and violence displayed by men vs women. My
husband was an alcoholic...his lifestyle killed him. I don't drink, nor does anyone in my immediate family. I was young when we were married and I didn't recognize the "signs." It was several years before I knew the extent of his problems and I didn't know what to do or where to turn. No one in my family had ever been divorced, I had 2 young children, my parents were highly critical, there was no going back home, I had no support system and I WAS YOUNG. In no way was I to blame for his actions. I did not encourage or enable him in any form or fashion. Each situation is individual but NO ONE HAS THE RIGHT TO HARM ANOTHER PERSON UNLESS IT'S IN DEFENSE.
PERIOD. (and yes, I knew you were referring to sentencing, but isn't sentencing merely deciding the extent to which a person is quilty in order to decide how much he should "pay" for his crime...and I believe the sentence a man recieves depends on the extent to which he is responsible for his crime. So, if the court decides his victim is actually the culprit or at least partially to blame,,,then the man gets off or is given a reduced sentence.) OK,
I'm gonna go play with my dogs now...they always listen to my chit and never talk back.

7/27/2006 11:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One more thought Ron, you know who else should have been convicted in the Yates trial...Her SCUM SUCKING VERMIN of a husband, that's who. That woman was sick and he pushed the situation. Before you think I'm the only crazy person who believes that, go read this blog along with the comments. She said it far better than I could. http://sassy-sistah.blogspot.com/

7/28/2006 8:57 AM  
Blogger Rantin' Ron said...

If you two ladies don't start your own blogs you will committing a crime against humanity! Ya'll are GOOD.
I guess I'm gonna have to surrender on some of these topics.
I suppose I WAS a bit too "cut and dried" on my opinions because there are certainly exceptions to every situation. HOWEVER...
ah Hell...I'll post about it later. Right now I'm too beaten, battered and bloody to go on! In the immortal words of Roberto Duran...."No mas!" (for now).

7/28/2006 10:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You sure like to quote athletes, first John McEnroe and now a boxer. Oh that's right, you played futtball. So, here's one for you..."You don't realize how easy this game is until you get up in that broadcasting booth." I always like that one because life is like that - always easy to sit around critiquing and criticizing, it's the doing of things that's hard. oh yeah, Mickey Mantle said that.

7/28/2006 11:50 AM  
Blogger Rantin' Ron said...

Damn girl...you're GOOD.
The Mick is one of my heroes!!

Can't wait to hear your outrage at my latest post!

Take care and God bless.

7/28/2006 12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home