Rons Rants

A Blog Is A Self-Inflicted Invasion Of Privacy

Name:
Location: Newland, North Carolina, United States

I'm a fifty two year old happily married man who doesn't really like many people which is why I live on the top of a mountain.

Saturday, July 29, 2006

Baby It's COLD outside!

While the entire nation is going through a hellish heat wave, I'm sitting here at my computer freezing my rather ample ASS OFF! It's 66 degrees and it's either rained or misted all day long. At 3800 ft above sea level, it rarely gets above 86 degrees but we could use a little warmth right about now!

Yesterday it was 80 or so and as humid as gets in these parts until around 7:30 or so then it rained like crazy for about an hour and it cooled down to around 60. It's alot like living in Wales or so my British brother in law tells me.

Gotta go for now.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

66 isn't cold. Man-up.

7/29/2006 5:00 PM  
Blogger Rantin' Ron said...

Now THAT'S cold girl! Believe it or not....it IS cold. I'm very hot natured but it's now 64 and it's cold!

The "heat" index says it "feels" like 58. Go figure.

Visit the "High Country" up here sometime....you'll see.

Again with the "Man Up"? Damn woman, you are MEAN! LOL

7/29/2006 5:14 PM  
Blogger Rantin' Ron said...

Wish I could Keeper. I'm originally from Charleston and Columbia S.C...believe me I've "felt your pain"!

Hell, that's why I moved here. I wish I was wealthy enough to live "off the mountain" during the winter. Man it snows like crazy and I've seen it get down to -10.

Banana trees..wow.

7/29/2006 8:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, if you were suffering from hot flashes (not that I am... cough... cough)you would welcome 58 deg. And I know all about N.C. high country. I was born in Cherokee County, N.C. I lived near Asheville for a bit and it was wonderful. This Tennessee valley is a cess pool by comparision. I still own some of the land where I lived as a kid. For some reason there is an influx of Floridians in the area. Maybe they too suffer from hot flashes and are looking for some cool, mountain air. I wish they would look somewhere else!

7/29/2006 9:55 PM  
Blogger Rantin' Ron said...

LOL...

My darlin' Michelle has been going through the hot flash thing for a couple of years now!

It's like sleeping with a little alligator! She rolls around tossing sheets, flopping legs and then grabbing the comfortor once they go away 'cause she's freezing her little narrow, well proportioned ASS off!

Too funny.

7/29/2006 10:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home