Rons Rants

A Blog Is A Self-Inflicted Invasion Of Privacy

Name:
Location: Newland, North Carolina, United States

I'm a fifty two year old happily married man who doesn't really like many people which is why I live on the top of a mountain.

Sunday, July 02, 2006

"Developing Nations"

Let me go on record as stating that politically, I am somewhere to the right of Ghengis Khan so it may sound a bit wierd when I say that we should cut off all aid to "developing nations". We should use that money to fund such Liberal causes as national health care and the like.

We send billions to "fight" AIDS in Africa when this battle could be funded for a hundred thousand or so well spent dollars at a local Kinko's. All we need to do is print up a few million fliers stating that if you have unprotected sex with man, woman or beast, you will probably get AIDS. If you shoot dope or plunge a penis into a rectum, you will probably get AIDS. That oughta do the trick.

I'm sick to death of hearing about "developing nations"!!

We are bombarded with polically correct stories of how Africa is this wonderfully ancient civilization which is the birth place of mankind. Africa is said to be so perfectly spiritual and western culture somehow pales in compassion but I have to ask this...

America is what? Two hundred and thirty years old?

Africa is approximatly five thousand or a jillion years old depending on who you talk to? Who the hell should be the developing nation here? In the real world, shouldn't a sixty year old man be a bit more advanced than say your average two day old baby?

How can an ancient nation said to be so culturally pure and marvelous still be living in the stone age expecting that we feed and care for it?

What about Iraq, Afghanistan, Haiti, etc. The list goes on and on and on. I'm sick to damn death of this stupid horseshit.

I truly admire people who display an adherence to cultural and religious traditions. Hell, I even admire those glassy eyed Jehovah's Witnesses who show up at our doors every once in a while. You really have to chug more than your fair share of Kool-Aid to absorb the ridicule and abuse those poor bastards probably catch with each unwelcomed visit. I think they're nuttier than squirrel shit but I do admire their adherence to their faith.

What I don't get is how we, the USA have decided that it is our national duty to subsidize nations and continents who have labeled us "infedels".

They accept our billions and then, turn around and ridicule US.

It reminds me of a guy I used to play music with in Columbia, SC. This guy was a pretty good keyboard player, a substandard songwriter, an above average singer, good looking, and also a self absorbed cocain freak who considered himself to be a singularly remarkable Artist. He spent half his life living in daily rate motels, sleeping on peoples couches, being evicted from one apartment or another and generally mooching off the world yet he looked with disdain upon people such as bartenders, waitresses, cab drivers, clerks, cops and basically anyone who worked at a REAL job so that they didn't have to sleep in other people's guest rooms and actually take care of themselves. HE was a developing artist and the rest of us idiotic working stiffs should be honored to subsidize his genious.

I and several dozen other people liked this guy so much that we repeatedly came to his rescue year after year until approximately six years ago.

To make a long story short, he called me one day and said that he had nowhere else to go and would I please meet him in Hickory, NC and let him stay at my house until he could get back on his feet. Reluctantly and after much begging on his part, I went and got his sorry ass.

As I drove back up the mountain to my house, I laid down the ground rules of his stay with me. They were pretty simple.

1) He had to find and keep a job.

2) He had to get his own place within two months

3) No drugs.

4) He had to save his money

5) He had to adhere to my lifestyle... not me to his.

As the saying goes, "no good turn goes unpunished" so, of course, this arrangement went to hell faster than an abortion doctor!!

I finally confronted him and told him that he had violated every rule I had laid down as part of the aggreement and that he had to go somewhere....anywhere but he couldn't stay with me anymore.

I made him pack all his stuff into the same giant plastic bags he had brought with him, took his sorry ass to Boone, NC, dropped him off at a gas station, gave him $200.00 and told him to never call me again until he had "gotten his shit together".

Turns out, the slick S.O.B charmed a female UPS driver into giveing him a lift to Charlotte (which led to her being fired from her job), checked into a cheap motel, overdosed on something or other, got arrested, jailed, and was put on work release where he met the ugliest woman I've ever seen in my life who loved him dearly warts and all.

He now works for a living like the rest of us morons. They married and so far...he's living happily and independently ever after!

That's my idea of tough love....we should try it on those "developing nations".

For God's sake....DEVELOP ALREADY you freakin' deadbeat bottom dwellers!!

Okay, Okay.....I'll shut up now!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen. Not to mention the foreign corruption that is directly correlated with U.S. foreign aid. Since aid must go through foreign governments before it is allocated, we hand over large sums of money to foreign leaders who use it to line their own pockets and support military buildup. Foreign aid breeds government thieves and spurs civil wars. A couple of years ago President Obasango of Nigeria announced that African leaders had stolen at least $140 billion from thier people in the decades since independence. In 2003 a report in Bangladesh stated that over 75% of foreign aid received in that country is lost to corruption. Liberals are constantly telling us to demand our government give more foreign aid because it serves national interest by enhancing our own security...because as we all know, terrorism is due to poverty and ignorance (as opposed to evil people without souls??). Oprah and Bono beg Americans to give all they can, every little bit helps. They need to go dig a well or something and quit shaming our poor into giving their last dollar to a bunch of foreigners that hate Americans. As my father always says, "charity begins at home."

7/04/2006 11:03 AM  
Blogger Rantin' Ron said...

You guys(Teresa and Keeper)make me wonder why the hell I even bother blogging. Ya'll write much better and certainly MUCH more succinctly than I do. I suppose I just need place to vent the old spleen.
Great points both of you!
Ron

7/04/2006 10:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have no idea how to start a blog site, not that I would want too. But I do enjoy reading some of the better ones.

7/05/2006 6:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home