Rons Rants

A Blog Is A Self-Inflicted Invasion Of Privacy

Name:
Location: Newland, North Carolina, United States

I'm a fifty two year old happily married man who doesn't really like many people which is why I live on the top of a mountain.

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Not Bragging but...

I'm not bragging, I really am not BUT it's gonna sound like it when I say that I have an almost absolutely perfect life!

I truly have been blessed. I have a wonderful and beautiful wife, (after two marital disasters), I live in one of the most perfect places I've ever seen ( and I've traveled the U.S. and the world quite a bit in my almost 53 yrs), my brother and I somehow FINALLY built a wildly succesful business (after two failed restaurants and several mediocre, break even type ventures in advertising and marketing) and last but most importantly, Michelle has survived and is thriving after being diagnosed almost five years ago with stage four metatisized breast cancer! She is living proof that, there ain't NOTHING that God can't fix.

Tonight, Michelle (or as I refer to her: "She who must be adored" and I sat in our front yard and watched the July 4th fireworks shows of private individuals and municipalities within a twenty mile radius around us. Fireworks displays from Newland, NC, Crossnore, NC, Beech Mountain, NC, Banner Elk, NC, Mountain City, Tennessee, Grandfather Golf and Country Club, Linville Ridge Golf and Country Club, the Wiseman family and a handfull of our neighbors put on quite a show tonight!!

It was almost as impressive as the spring and summer thunderstorms God puts on from time to time up here.

We have an almost 360 degree range of sight of all the goings on every year. This is the first year in quite a while that we didn't have a family and friends blowout here at "Heaven On Earth". We usually chip in as a clan and buy several hundreds of dollars worth of fireworks but not this year.

Seems that everyone including us were involved in other projects, travel or in one case, moving into a new home. And....to be honest, Michelle and I had a blast just kickin' back, sipping a cool drink, watching the show and not having to cater to any guests for a change. Too absolutely cool. The Good Lord has been good to us.

I hope my new blog visitor friends, Teresa and Keeper have had a great 4th as well.

As Yakoff Smirnoff used to say "What a country!"

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep Keeper, fireworks bring out the child. I love them too, especially the finale. They always save the best for last.
Ron, Michelle sounds like a strong woman. Good for her. I think all females worry about breast cancer. My father is fighting prostate cancer, and for the present he is winning. Geeesh, I hate cancer.

7/05/2006 6:37 PM  
Blogger Rantin' Ron said...

Hi guys,
Glad ya'll had a great 4th as well.
Yeah, I've gotta tell you, Michelle is amazing. Never complains, never asks "why me" and never gives up. She definately my hero.

7/05/2006 8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home