Rons Rants

A Blog Is A Self-Inflicted Invasion Of Privacy

Name:
Location: Newland, North Carolina, United States

I'm a fifty two year old happily married man who doesn't really like many people which is why I live on the top of a mountain.

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

A Beautiful Autumn Morning





We woke up to a beautiful morning, it was a bit chilly, 42 degrees but, it's up to 66 now. I love this time of year in the mountains. The picture was taken off our front deck a few minutes ago. The leaves have been changing for a few weeks now and the Maple trees are really starting to turn.

I've been busy with business stuff and frustrated with trying to get my SIL to go somewhere, anywhere but here!! The woman is a bonafied NUT! Life will be back to perfect once she is gone.

I'm gonna try and post a story later today if I can knock out some work!

Ya'll have a good one.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good gosh ya'll...that is beautiful country...looks like a natural (nature) round pen there on the right. Do ya'll ride?

Holy shit, I would right the hell outta that country...oh hell yah!

9/27/2006 2:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

um...right the hell outta that country?...um ok...as in ride?..lol

9/27/2006 3:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Breathtaking!

9/27/2006 5:46 PM  
Blogger Rantin' Ron said...

Imp...it is a horse training ring on our "down the hill" neighbor's property. They raise and ride horses but we don't. I don't like or trust horses! My brother owns five or six. It is great horseback country.

Sk and Rocky...it is a beautiful view ain't it? We consider ourselves to be truly blessed to live here. We have all kinds of critters roaming about but Molly the cocker spaniel does her best to run 'em off with her damned barking! Mouthy little shit!

9/27/2006 6:06 PM  
Blogger Alnot said...

Thanks it almost makes me homesick for West Virginia. Believe it or not learning to ride horses was part of my army training. My assigned horse Pal was doing fine until a tank spooked him. Then he tried to get us run over by one and I 'steered' us out of becoming dog food. That horse could really move when motivated. My first gallop was a wild ride but I managed to stay on and even enjoyed it. Probably the adrenaline rush talking there because I do not trust horses much either.

9/27/2006 9:21 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Pretty shot. Nice view to wake up to.

9/28/2006 5:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful view. I've posted a few nice ones of Hanging Rock state park in Stokes County. Come check them out. :)

9/28/2006 9:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home