Rons Rants

A Blog Is A Self-Inflicted Invasion Of Privacy

Name:
Location: Newland, North Carolina, United States

I'm a fifty two year old happily married man who doesn't really like many people which is why I live on the top of a mountain.

Saturday, September 30, 2006

Nick's Continued

First off........

I have an announcement to make....

Brace yourselves..........

MY SISTER IN LAW IS GONE!!!!

God LOVES Me! Michelle and I have the house back to ourselves!

Long story short....she went back to her moron husband!

They deserve each other!

Ok....back to the tale.

When we left our story, I had just become acquainted with three of the funniest people I’d ever met.

These guys were a hoot!

I’m not really sure what it is about this area but I swear….there are more characters per square foot here than anywhere else I’ve ever been!

I soon began to realize that the High Country literally attracts strange people.

Believe me; I’m not excluding myself from this assessment. I’m a bit of an odd duck myself but damn!

I’ve met some folks up here who make me look like Ward friggin’ Cleaver!!

This story will continue soon but, I’m going to have to make the following statement……..

Ya’ll may believe that I’m making this stuff up but, I’m gonna tell ya’ll about some of the folks I’ve actually met and gotten to know since I’ve lived here.

Damn the potential lawsuits!

Hell, this oughta be fun….at least until I get suedOR shot!

Here’s a partial list of folks ya’ll will be meeting in the near future.

Hell, I needed to write this shit down anyway before my brain cells shut down permanently.

For those of you who are new to this blog, you can refer to the archives if you are interested in reading about “The Double L Club” and the “Groupie From Hell” so…I won’t include them in the following list of crazy people I have met while living up here. Not that they weren’t crazy but…I’ve already written about ‘em.

Check them out if you’re interested.

Here goes………

It could take quite a while to finish this tale.

Ya’ll are gonna meet an honest to goodness Mafia kingpin, several underlings of the same aforementioned kingpin, a delusional woman who just recently killed a guy with a frying pan, a one armed local politician who is now under house arrest for doing the right thing, a couple of backwoods survivalist freaks, several tree hugging left wing moonbats, dozens of folks who are the product of years and years of inbreeding, crooks, con men, a professional cock fighter (the animal…not the organ), a four hundred pound Elvis impersonator who looks NOTHING like Elvis but sounds JUST like him, an international drug smuggler, an asshole millionaire, a really nice billionaire, the worst magician in the world, a time share salesman with a lisp, a cop who made Barney Fife look like Elliot friggin’ Ness, a Frenchman with a dark past, a maniacal midget golf pro, a Hitler-esque ski resort manager, a woman who insisted that I play "The Dance" three times every single night, a wannabe Green Beret, a FUNNY alcoholic state senator, a crooked sheriff, a coke freak bartender, a group of the worst wealthy poker players on the planet, an insane Yankee woman, a defrocked priest, a thirty four year old virgin Indian girl, a drunken airline pilot with a death wish, a woman who killed a truck, a moron who got busted at the Scotchman Store for smoking a joint while parked beside the ONE cop car on duty in the entire county, and of course, last, but certainly the MOST……….ya’ll are gonna meet the most wonderful woman God ever created, my wife….Michellle!

So…this tale will continue and I hope ya’ll enjoy it…..I damn sure did!!



Or.......I could write about how I cut the grass, trimmed my nails and straightened up my workshop today.

Damn it was messy!

It's your call!

Let me know which ya'll would prefer....hey, I'm flexible!!

More tomorrow.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you are playing your guitar and watching bar fights spilling out onto the street while mowing the lawn, go for it!

Don
Southwest Georgia

10/01/2006 8:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure you might've just listed some of my relatives. lol They would be why I live near the other coast! Californians are weird but Sutheners are NUTS:)

10/01/2006 10:14 AM  
Blogger Jean said...

The workshop sounds lovely.....but... get on with the good stuff!!

10/01/2006 11:56 AM  
Blogger KurtP said...

That list kinda reminds me of alot of the people I knew down in Port A, Tx- except we had THREE cop cars>

Well, that was back in the 80's before they started legislating FUN off the books.

10/01/2006 4:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a typical small southern town, so where's the story? OK, I'm kidding, I can't wait to hear about your crazy people, and, if I ever decide to write a full length book, I'll tell you about MY crazy people.....
Can't wait to hear more about the ever elusive Michelle and how you two met.

10/01/2006 5:34 PM  
Blogger kdzu said...

Lead on, oh intrepid on, we are like moths to the flame. Awaiting the brillance upon which to dash our pitiable psychy, to either burn or become illuminated.

10/01/2006 8:00 PM  
Blogger Joe Rose said...

yOU'RE KIDDING! You know you have us hooked. Appreciate the efforts, Ron._Joe

10/01/2006 9:04 PM  
Blogger Noel said...

Please don't stop !!
Your stories make me want to grag up some of my own and let the world know I am not the mild-mannered old fart I have shown so far .
Keep it up !

10/02/2006 9:16 AM  
Blogger Noel said...

Can't type worth a damn !! DRAG !

10/02/2006 9:17 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

I'll take the drunken debauchery story plate please. Could you start with the international drug smuggler, an asshole millionaire, a really nice billionaire, the worst magician in the world please? They sound like somebody I might know.

BIG CONGRATS on the Sis in Law exodus. Hope they really make up.

10/02/2006 2:42 PM  
Blogger Rantin' Ron said...

Thanks ya'll. Next installment coming tonight.

ya'll are too funny!

10/02/2006 5:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home